This week’s writing challenge is to describe a character.
This challenge was first proposed at the Thanet Creative Writers’ Night.
Some of the techniques we experimented with include:
- Using the environment to contrast with the character
- Describing body language or actions to demonstrate character
- Observational descriptions based on real people
- Contrasting form and character
- Focusing on selected details to imply further details
Be a winner: Every month or so, we will select some of our favourite writing challenge solutions. These will get a special mention in a blog post celebrating your writing. We will use the number of comments the solution has gained to guide our selections. To be considered: Please link to this post and then ping it or WebMention it – this will put a link to your solution on our post and enable others to find (and possibly comment on) your writing. Click here for more information.